Venturer Scouts (15 – 17 yrs)*
Life as a Venturer Scout
*These ages may vary up to 6 months.
Venturer Scouts never turn down a challenge, in fact, they make their own! Scaling a 30m rock-face or abseiling into caves may frighten most people but Venturer Scouts face the challenge head on and then go white water kayaking! As a Venturer Scout you’ll work in Units with other Venturer Scouts and your Adult Leaders are always available to provide you with advice, encouragement, and support. As a Venturer Scout you’re given the freedom to choose your own activities, depending on your interests, because we know that you’re most motivated to achieve when you’re passionate about what you do.
“As a Venturer Scout I’ve learned the importance of challenging myself in order to grow. With the help of my friends at Scouts I have managed to experience some awesome things while working to achieve my goals, which is the best reward ever.”
• Travel overseas on exchange
• Dive the coral reefs
• Gain leadership qualifications and undertake accredited management courses
• Tackle white-water rapids in a kayak
• Study astronomy and meteorology
• Examine the importance of conservation
• Serve the community and understand good citizenship
• Gain first-aid qualifications
• Plan and participate in your own challenging expeditions
• Develop skills in the visual, performing, and literary arts
• Experience personal growth
• Make new friends with similar interests and extend your social life
• Abseil down cliffs, fly planes, hang glide, build bridges, mountain bike across real mountains – the possibilities are endless.
Venturer Scouts Meetings
Venturer Scout Units meet on a regular basis and Venturer Leaders are simply there to provide adult leadership and support; they act as your Scouting mentors. Unit progress is discussed at meetings, along with how each Unit is turning their goals of the Venturer Program into reality. Socialising is a must and strong bonds are formed through teamwork and a common desire to ensure that everyone becomes the best person they can be. If you’re a Venturer Scout your only limits are the ones that you set for yourself.
Activities For Venturer Scouts On The Darling Downs
Performing Arts Workshop @ USQ Artsworx Theatre
This weekend workshop is designed for all youth members and Leaders aged 7 years and up to have a go at either performing on stage, or one of the many production and technical roles that are available. This is a chance for those that may have considered being in the Darling Downs Revue a chance to try to see if they like it before committing to a full season. The weekend will end with a one hour long performance, hopefully being run and performed by the workshop participants, while the Performing Arts Team members supervise.
The available application pack has more details on the different roles that are available and the age ranges that will be allowed. Please note that the application fee needs to be paid with the application form which is due by the 29th March, 2018.